Pursuant to the Law No. 8438, dated 28/12/1998 “On income tax”, as amended, Instruction of the Minister of Finance No. 5, dated 30/01/2006 “On income tax”, as amended, DCM No. 922, dated 29/12/2014 “On mandatory declaration of the tax declarations and other tax documents, only via the electronic form”, as well as to the requirements of the Law No. 9228, dated 29/04/2004 “On accounting and financial statements”, as amended, the General Directorate of Taxes would like to remind you on the submission of the income tax payment declaration and of financial statements for the fiscal year of 2017.
In order to avoid any problem that may arise due to the overloading of the system during the weekend days (March 31st – April 1st), the General Directorate of Taxes would like to suggest you to take the measures to declare and submit the income tax payment declaration and financial statements for the fiscal year of 2017, by March 30th, 2018, Friday.
The taxpayer shall submit the Income Tax Declaration Form as per the model approved by instruction. This form shall be completed in compliance with the explanatory notes.
Likewise, he shall only submit electronically to the Tax Administration the accounting balance together with the financial statements and its annexes, specifically:
- the balance sheet (assets, liabilities and capital)
- the statement of income and expenses
- the statement of changes to the capital, the statement of cash-flow or funds flow statement
- the annex for the explanatory notes
- the report of the authorized expert of the company (when such report is required pursuant to the Law No. 10091, dated 05/03/2009 “On the statutory audits and the organization of the profession for the Authorized Chartered Auditors and Certified Accountants”, Article 41 “Legal persons that are obliged to conduct the statutory auditing of the financial statements”, or by-laws).
The additional documentation required pursuant to the Law No. 9920, dated 19/05/2008 “On tax procedures in the Republic of Albania”, Article 60, which shall be submitted electronically together with the financial statements is:
- the contract of lease for the rented premises, or the certificate of property for objects under ownership.
The inventory of the stock for sale on 31/12/2017 (analytical).
- the inventory of transport vehicles owned.
- the statement of tangible assets
The financial statements (statements of assets, liabilities and capital), statement of income and expenses, statement of changes to the capital, statement of cash-flow, statement of tangible assets shall be submitted electronically in pdf version (scanned) and Excel version as well.
The financial statements submitted in pdf version (scanned) shall be mandatorily signed and sealed by the administrator of the company.
The annex for the explanatory notes, the report of the chartered expert of the company, the contracts of lease for the rented premises, the certificate of property for objects under ownership, the inventory of transport vehicles owned shall be submitted electronically in pdf version (scanned).
The inventory of stock for sale on 31/12/2017 (analytical) shall be declared at the available version of the taxpayer, provided that the declared version is permanent.
For further information or assistance, please refer to the Taxpayers’ Service front desks throughout the country or call at the free line in the Call Centre 0800 00 02.